NFstallions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

which stallion to use???? help

3 posters

Go down

which stallion to use???? help Empty which stallion to use???? help

Post by hunt-on Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:17 pm

Hi everyone im in need of some help i would like to put my homebred mare in foal next year and have no idea who to use, she is by farriers fingerprint who is by peveril peter piper as you all proberbly know. out of wellhouse candytuft by wayland cranberry.
She is black up to height and moves beautifully on the down side not the best feet and a little short in the neck.
I would like to use a performance graded stallion raelly and proven show record and stock on the ground doing well.
Everything i have thought i liked applewhich pure magic, woodfidley saint george any farriers ponies or waylands are to closeley related.
I do like peronne palava but not surehow big he is?
Any help please???????
hunt-on
hunt-on

Back to top Go down

which stallion to use???? help Empty Which Stallion

Post by Campion Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:39 am

Hi There, A difficult task! A lot of things to consider. Firstly about your mares type. You say she is full up and moves well, does she have good bone fo instance? You then need to look at what the stallions are producing, are they correct type, do they have good temperaments? Some breeders stick to using stud breed foresters whilst others like to keep putting a little of the forest bred type of pony into the stud bred ponies to keep the type, hardyness etc.

It would be a good idea to talk to a few breeders, I have always found them very helpful and will point you in the right direction if they know a certain stallion throws attribute to inprove your mare.

Campion

Back to top Go down

which stallion to use???? help Empty Re: which stallion to use???? help

Post by Admin Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:54 am

Peronne Palaver is 138.2cm

Why not pay a visit to the Stallion Show on saturday 25th August at New Park, Brockenhurst - you'll see plenty of stallions to choose from!

These stallions are classed as Performance Tested under the current scheme. They are graded in both dressage and showjumping.:
Burley Branston
Furzley Charaide
Furzley Marinaide
Greencottage Ambassador
Lovelyhill Cranborne Heights
Peveril Pendragon
Sabina's Gold Sovereign
Wayland Cranberry
Wayland Loganberry

Some of the stallions tested under the previous scheme may be still in action too, such as:
Burley Gold Blend (I believe he stands in France)
Luckington Sportaide
Peveril Peterborough
Woody Blue Mist
and there may be others too.

All these stallions are on the website, so you can check out their pedigrees. In fact I think the first one on the list ticks all your boxes, and I'm sure some of the others will too.

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://forum.nfstallions.info

Back to top Go down

which stallion to use???? help Empty Re: which stallion to use???? help

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down